Organic traffic is the key to having a successful website. All the internet marketing and paid promotions in the world cannot substitute good Google ranking and constant visits from people who are actually interested in what you have to offer. If you haven’t already, then it is time to make your website more SEO friendly!
- Take a look at your URL: Let’s hope you have not picked a URL already, because this is where you can really make a difference right away. Try and ensure that your URL has a keyword which is relevant to your industry. Stick with .com whenever you can, and keep it user-friendly.
- Get all your tags in order: Whether you own a personal blog or an ecommerce store, make sure that all the meta tags are properly used, so that search engines know what your website offers.
- Never stop optimizing: Your website needs to be fast. Your website needs to be designed in such a manner that it is simple to use. Keep tinkering to get the most out of your online presence.
- Don’t forget the images: A website without images is boring. A website where the images do not have well defined ALT tags is an SEO disaster.
- Set up social profiles: Social is your key to joining up with the cool kids and getting invites to all the happening parties. At the very least make sure that you have these two social accounts – Facebook and Google+
- Pick a good hosting service: Websites that load fast, rank better. Even if you are getting shared hosting, pick a hosting which is known for better performance!